Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

I'm watching the news right now anchored by a very pregnant anchor woman and it is reminding me of how incredibly frustrating those last few weeks of pregnancy are (her expressionless bloated face and listless voice says it all). I remember crying to my doctor just days before Everett was born that he needed to come out at that moment, I was literally going insane. I also had absolutely zero sense of humor and wanted to kill anyone that looked at me.

I was just in Portland these past few days hoping to witness the birth of my friend Calie's first baby. The little booger has decided to take his sweet time so I am gonna miss it. Ha... the amount of annoyance I have at this surprises me, only because I have such sympathy and know that as much as I wanted him to come Calie and Anthony want it 100x more! Oh well I guess they just have to suffer like the rest of us had to!

The Portland trip was not all a bust. I actually was able to spend some quality me with just Calie before she is ever changed by motherhood. Everett got to spend some quality time with his G-Ma and great aunts. Doug even came up for the weekend and got some racing in! We all got to spend most of our time indoors as the rain came pouring down. It was then I decided I could never live with that much rain.

Ev in his new tent from IKEA


Jumpin in the puddles at G-Mas


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring my baby home! His auntie misses him MUCHO!
I want to kiss his face!!!

Anonymous said...

And, this isnt Morgan its Lori. I dont know why it says Morgan!